Since I was on my middle 20’s I have the dream of opening my own business, especially something surf related. But it was just that, a dream. Until a few weeks ago!
The opportunity knocked on my door and after many days, and nights, thinking I’ve decided to leave the job I’ve had for the past 13 years, a safe and “well paid” one. It wasn’t an easy decision, leaving a comfortable and stable life for the uncertain, but finally I was going to follow my dream.
Since last Friday, July 1st, I’m unemployed and going after building my own business, Magic Quiver Surfshop!
After almost 4 years doing this blog, selling surfboards and accessories, organizing shaping trips and writing for other publications, it’s time to take Magic Quiver to the street and make it more than a hobby, make a living out of it.
Some may say I’m crazy, that it’s not the right time, the economy sucks, that the market is too small, etc etc etc. But I’ve heard all that when I started Magic Quiver and imported the first batch of surfboards. When you do it with passion and you work (really) hard everything is possible. And now, I have all of you that read this blog. You helped making this possible, without the support of each one of you this wouldn’t be possible. I will work hard to keep Magic Quiver an interesting project and deserve your time and attention.
The road is long ahead, with a lot of work to be done during the next couple of months. Don’t ask me where the shop will be and when it will open. Still early and secret is also part of the business! One thing I can already tell you; the surfshop will be like the blog, just better!
See you at the shop
Rui Ribeiro
segunda-feira, 4 de julho de 2011
Subscrever:
Enviar feedback (Atom)
8 comentários:
Fantastic notice. Best wishes with your new proyect.
parabens Irmao! Boa sorte e abracoes!
Congrats my friend! All the best!
my verification word was "wants" - no doubt!
Tudo de bom!!!
GO FOR IT
A maior sorte do Mundo para esse projecto!!!
Best wishes for this new project!
From Oporto,all the support and hope that the store is a great success!
Cheers
Exciting news! Following your heart is never a bad choice. So go for it and let us know what's in it for us :-)! Best wishes from Germany …
Enhorabuena!! Mucho ánimo y suerte.
Enviar um comentário